We spent an hour today at the Crowley Post Office getting our passports submitted. After two attempts at photos - taken sitting next to a copy machine in a corner - we finally made some progress. I must say our pictures are quite fabulous. I look like a ghost with thinning hair and Todd looks like he is merely inches away from the camera. I can't wait for customs to check our passports so I can proudly present mine - ha ha... Good thing they don't show these pictures to our future child - he'd be especially fearful of his strange looking white parents....
If that's not enough, it cost $160 each for a passport - along with processing fees and picture fees. Isn't it crazy what a piece of paper costs these days?
The woman at the counter was super nice, but Todd and I have both decided that we are officially tired of paperwork. I feel like our lives revolve around paper and waiting for more paper...
If all goes well, we should undergo our homestudy within a few weeks. At least then we'll feel like we are making progress.
Our bed should arrive within a week and we have begun the process of rearranging and space planning. Maybe someday we'll have a little boy to share it with.
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Passport anyone?
Posted by renee treat at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment