Today was a good day - we received our CIS appointment letter and can now go and have our fingerprints taken. Once that occurs, the paperwork is then processed and CIS will send us an approval to adopt a child from Ethiopia. This approval can take some time, but it is the final step before we are officially added to the Gladney waitlist.
Our dossier is nearing completion and the last thing we have to confirm is our life insurance status. Then it will be authenticated and translated for use in Ethiopia.
I suppose now it's time for us to go to the health clinic and take care of all the vaccinations needed for travel. Oh how much I am looking forward to being poked and prodded!
My fingers are crossed that we'll recieve a picture of a little boy by Christmas. I can't think of a better gift to share during the holidays.
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene
Saturday, October 27, 2007
And the whining is over...at least for now anyway
Posted by renee treat at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like you are on track for that photo at Christmas! I hope your approval comes quickly!
Yay!! I have been following your blog and am very excited for you. My husband and I also received our CIS appointment letter for fingerprints on Saturday. We are adopting a little boy from Ethiopia around 3-4 years. Maybe we'll end up going over together!
Congratulations again!!!
-Ellen
Yea for fingerprint appointments! I hope that CIS letter comes like lightening! Amy
Post a Comment