CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Attention Folks...I think we have a smile...finally!


Today was probably one of the worst days of my life (big sigh here). For those of you who live in Texas you understand the ramifications and seriousness of the TAKS test; for those of you who are educators, you will understand me when I say that coordinating the TAKS test for a bunch of middle-schoolers is down right horrific! It's chaotic, it's stressful, it's depressing knowing that some students simply do not have the skills to perform on grade level and to say the least, it makes for a long, tiresome day.


But, thank God for our caseworker who sent us the most beautiful pictures of Samuel today! There's just no way I could stay in a bad mood after seeing, for the first time I might add, Samuel's smile. Up to this point, all of the pictures we've received have been taken in a more serious and compliant mode. But, not today folks! By George I think we have a smile and from the most handsome young boy I've ever seen! Truly he is...and I'm not just saying that because he's my future son...he is dashing!


I can't wait to get that little boy on a plane home to Texas!

5 comments:

Adoption Cubed said...

What a nice ending to a stressful day! I can't wait to see that smile!

Rebecca

mama becca said...

yay! so glad you got new pictures. You're right... how could that not lift your spirits???
hope you're well!
becca

Carol said...

Renee - So glad you got to see a smile! Sounds like a wonderful ending to a challending day. BTW, love the monkey, so cute!
Carol

Jim and Debbie said...

I'm so glad you finally got more pictures of your little guy! I'm sure you're starting to get a feel for his personality. Can't wait to meet him. Your court date sure is a popular one. Looks like you won't be traveling alone. How fun!
Blessings,
Debbie

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

LOVE IT!!!!
Has anyone ever told you that you look similar to a pig when you smile?
Made you smile didn't I? :-)
Oh, I can't wait to see sweet Samuel's smiling face!
Blessings,
Kristy