CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene

Saturday, September 29, 2007

We have prints!

Friday afternoon we began the dossier process by obtaining fingerprints at the local police station. Todd had to endure the messy old fashion system of dipping his fingers in ink, while I got to test drive the new and improved touch screen version. 20 minutes and we were out the door, prints in hand.

Last week, we realized that we're not any closer to be finished with the fabulous paperwork process.... We received a list of items needed for our dossier and it seems that the paperwork chase has only just begun.

In the meantime, back at the fort, we've begun placing pictures and preparing the room for the future Treat - I would call him by his first name but Todd and I've yet to reach a consensus. Todd wants to wait until we see a picture to decide on a name - even though I keep dropping names in his presence to see if he'll change his mind. I agree that Harrison is a fine name, but Harry Treat??? Should we really do that to a child? I'm not sure I want my son to be called a moldy snack... So it looks like it's down to the names Quinn and Maddox and I'll have to wait until a picture arrives to know if I'll win the name game.

1 comments:

Amy B. said...

Congratulations on a successful set of prints. They love their fingerprints in adoption paperwork land. Don't be too overwhelmed by the dossier paperwork. A lot of it is just getting things notarized. I hope it all goes smoothly for you and before you know it you will be waiting for that magical phone call :) Amy