Not much to report except that our Gladney paperwork has officially all been submitted. This means that we should receive our certificate of approval and after our CIS fingerprint appointment is scheduled and confirmed, we will be placed on a waiting list.
Current wait time is over 3 months for an infant. I'm not sure how that corresponds with the wait time for a toddler so I'm guessing it will December or January before we hear anything.
In the meantime we are still submitting papers for our dossier and I think all we have left at this point is to obtain life insurance, verify that Todd and I both have health insurance, submit our FBI and CIS clearance as they arrive. After that, Kate with KBS Dossier will have our documents authenticated and shipped off.
What an arduous process! The good news is that while I'm off of work for Thanksgiving and Christmas break I can just sit around and jump out of my skin when the phone rings wondering if it's ground breaking news.... What an exciting life I lead!!
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene
Saturday, October 6, 2007
No news on the Homefront....
Posted by renee treat at 2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are nearing the end of the paper work pile...congratulations! It really is some kind of process, isn't it. But...what a great reward for all the hard work at the end! Amy
Wow, that was fast! Congratulations! It's the greatest journey every step of the way -- even the waiting, knowing that your life is about to forever change! We're very close to our court date and then picking up our precious Zoe, but we've so been loving the process. Enjoy the ride!
Post a Comment