CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Maybe I've gone deaf and I didn't hear the phone ring...


Maybe we really do have a court date, and because of some freak accident I've gone deaf and I just didn't hear the phone ring. Maybe Mary called us but I had a small dose of amnesia and now I don't remember it. Maybe this is all a dream and I'll suddenly wake up to realize that we're actually set to travel tomorrow to pick up Samuel. Maybe I'll start packing tonight in hopes that it will somehow align the universe and speed up the process....

Maybe I'll go to one of those bizarre witch shops where they sell potions and drink a "speedy court date" drink and this will all be over soon. Maybe I'll use positive self-talk and trick myself into thinking it really hasn't been 7 weeks of waiting; it's only been 1. Maybe I'll just call Samuel on the telephone and tell him to start walking this direction and we'll meet him half-way.

Or... maybe I'll win the lottery and I can just buy Ethiopia and set my own court date. Maybe I'll just move there and sneak Samuel into my house while no one is watching. Maybe I'll contact that woman from Bewitched...what's her name again? Samantha? Yeah, that's right. I'll call her up and ask her to wiggle her nose and bring Samuel to me.

Maybe I'll just sit down on the couch and surround myself with every bad carb known to man. I can see it now: potato chips (salt and vinegar to be exact), brownies, queso, candy bars, donuts and of course a cup of Starbucks. Maybe I'll eat so much I won't be able to move and I'll just go into a deep hibernation like the bears. That's it.... I'll sleep this off - like a migrane.

Or maybe I'll just call my caseworker while the phone is on mute and scream as loudly as I can - dropping some bad words that will make me feel powerful and assertive. Or maybe I'll just go to the woods and run around like a crazy woman until I break a sweat. Wait...Hold on a minute... Retract that last line. I'm not really into sweating or running in the woods for that matter.

Ok, so maybe I won't do any of these things - but it was a fun train of thought while it lasted...
Here's to week 7 waiting on a court date.... It was just as miserable as the last!

6 comments:

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

How painful and nerve-wracking. Great ideas, though. Even with this incredible frustration, you have a great sense of humor.

I especially liked your idea for Samuel to start walking and meeting you halfway.

A friend came up with a saying that I thinks fits this with the court situation -- "It's kind of like pushing jello."

The bright side is God can even push jello.

Take care,
Sharon

mama becca said...

At least you are hilarious. I personally like the "bad carb" comment. Have you heard about the new "ducle de leche" jello pudding? Only 60 calories! Okay... sorry... rambling now. My personal favorite carb = cheez its. Yum!
Friend, it will be soon. It has to be. And we'll all be here cheering, and it'll be that much sweeter. We have to hold on to that.
(I just read Sharon's comment and now realize that we have a huge jello theme going on here. Is that a sign of some sort?).
love to you...
becca

Crazy Thorne's said...

love your post. Just come to Hawaii for the carbs. I have it all here for my surf kids but instead of sitting on the couch you could do it on the beach. i am not looking forward to the "court date wait"!!! BARF

mama becca said...

Hi Renee...
email me at rvzalbertson@gmail.com
Hope you're hanging in there today... I'm not doing such a great job. YUCK! I hate this!
becca

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Hang in there Treat family! I literally hold my breath when checking the Gladney blogs these days!
I am hoping and praying for GREAT news for MANY familys SOON!
You know that I am partial to the name Samuel and I still remember your Samuel's sweet face. He needs to be home with his Mommy & Daddy!
Blessings,
Kristy

Natalie Fournet said...

I love your creativity in the midst of this very hard time. I can't imagine how hard this period of waiting must be. 7 weeks....come on court date already!