CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tag - I'm it??

Ok, so in the blogger world there is this game of tag and once you've been tagged you have to answer a lot of questions. Here it goes...

8 Things I'm passionate about:
1. Adoption
2. My family
3. Duke and Cameron (my dogs)
4. Education, Education, Education
5. Books and a good book club
6. Music
7. My guitar
8. Group Discussions and asking questions

8 Things I want to do before I die:
1. Sky dive
2. ATV excursion
3. Write a book
4. Learn to play the mandolin
5. Work in a school founded on principles of authentic education for all
6. Start a scholarship for future educators
7. Instill integrity and a sense of gratitude in Samuel
8. Parasail

Things I say often:
1. Fabulous
2. Dandy
3. You're a punk!

TV Shows I watch:
1. ReDesign with Kenneth Brown (he's fabulous!)
2. How clean is your house (makes me feel better about mine)
3. Color Splash
4. Deserving Design (Virn Yip is a genius!)
Ok so, I've run out of shows. I'm not a big TV fan....

Artists I love to listen to:
1) Norah Jones
2) John Mayer
3) Patty Griffin
4) Sting
5) Melissa Etheridge
6) Dixie Chicks
7) Dwight Yokum
8) Sister Hazel

Things that attract me to my friends:
1) Humor, Humor, Humor - preferably dry
2) Intelligence
3) Down to Earth
4) Creativity
5) One who is an advocate for something
6) Anyone who will read a book and is willing to discuss major points
7) Enjoys simplicity
8) One who is content in their own skin and has nothing to prove

Things I learned in 2007:
1) I do possess some patience! I've survived the adoption process.
2) Patty Griffin's, "Up to the Mountain" may truly be one of the most inspirational songs yet
3) The book Night will remain a coveted treasure to me
4) If you listen hard enough, there is a gentle nudging inside calling each of us to do something extraordinary - read #3 for inspiration
5) Getting a tattoo doesn't hurt at all! (Samuel - don't you get any ideas)
6) Martinis may be the most disgusting drink I've ever tasted - too bad they look so impressive in that fancy glass!
7) When you go back to a high school reunion you find that people really never change
8) The adoption community is by far one of the most encouraging, supportive and inspirational groups I've ever been a part of.

If I understand, I'm supposed to tag the next person?? Ok Debbie - it's your turn.

1 comments:

Adoption Cubed said...

This is why I don't like this game...you read other people's list and you feel humbled.:)It was a great list - thank you for sharing. I was a bit disappointed there was no picture of the tattoo. Details, Renee, details!