CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Perhaps I should add a little more "Zen" to my house?

I don't have much to say...Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" but I'm really not in the mood to blog right now. We didn't pass court. Apparently our file was "incomplete" which seems to be a standard verdict these days. No explanation, no logic..just a bunch of hot air if you ask me. The worst part is that Samuel is still with his mother and they continue to show up for these arbitrary court hearings to no avail. Can you imagine? His mother keeps thinking, "Today will be the day" and then it gets delayed. I wonder how Samuel feels or if he even understands that half a world away we are aching to meet him, to love on him and to extend to him a family? I can't imagine the kind of courage and resilience his mother must have right now.

So for the next few weeks, I'll be on a blogging diet. I'm finding it hard to even talk about the process anymore... Until April 10th, I'm signing off. Best wishes to those with upcoming court dates and travel plans!

10 comments:

Shelly Roberts said...

Ugh ... so, so, sorry ... I was hoping you were all out celebrating. Know that you all are on our hearts all the time and we will be here to stand with you whenever you come back. Will be praying for comfort for that precious little guy a half world away and for his momma. Know that we all care so very much about you guys. Take Care, ~Shelly

Renee said...

I'm so sorry to hear this and I can honestly say I know how you feel- it just really stinks! Hang in there, I can tell you in the end all of this heart ache is erased.

Carol said...

Renee - sorry to hear how frustrated you are. I know this is very difficult. Take a break and we'll be here if you need us!
Carol

mama becca said...

Yuck. Yuck Yuck Yuck. I'm heartbroken for you and everyone involved. I don't blame you for wanting to step back. I'll be lifting you up in prayer for the next two weeks, and hoping against this stupid "incomplete" thing.
love
becca

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh, I'm so sorry!
I'll keep watching Idol and snacking on bad foods in the meantime in your honor! :-)
Hang in there and know that there are many families here in blogger land lifting your family up in prayer!
Love,
Kristy

Louanne said...

I'm so very sorry. I'm new to all of this...my daughter has just sent the paperwork off to the Homeland Security Office. She's wanting to adopt a girl between 4-6 years old. So many of the stories are about babies, and I was drawn to your story because Samuel is the same age as the child my daughter wants to adopt. Just know that in the end, things will be better. Remember.... this too shall pass.

Louanne

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, I am so sorry. You shared your heart so well just now. I completely understand about needing to "sign off" for a while.

Take care

Adoption Cubed said...

I read your blog post last night. You may not feel like it but you are handling this so well. Even though you are on a hiatus I must have checked your blog a dozen times today. I guess I felt like I was checking in on you. Could you tell?

No news today. Another round of emails wait to be sent on Monday. I am holding out for next week. I am holding out for next week. I am holding out for next week. I think 3:33 is the witching hour. Lucky? Not sure.

I am thinking about you guys.
Rebecca

InGod'sHands said...

I understand what you are feeling. It is hard for me to blog and I struggle daily (hourly and sometimes by the minute) to keep my focus where it should be and to not get so discouraged. This wait totally stinks and I don't understand it at all. I will be praying for you all.
Blessings! Rebecca K.

los cazadores said...

I know you said you were going on a blogging diet, but I'd like to introduce myself! I'm Cindy and a blogging bud of Rebecca.

I'm sorry to hear of the bad news about court. I'll be sending good vibes your way and hoping the court process takes a dramatic turn for better.

Sincerely,

Cindy