So, what does one do when one is waiting on a court date and feeling a bit anxious? One goes surfing...blog surfing that is and when they come across something as fabulous as Amharic Kids, they swipe the idea with pride and take full credit for it! Thanks Rebecca for recommending such wonderful website!
For those of you who have not visited the site, you must check out the Amharic Dictionary section which not only gives you a visible reference to the word, it will actually "say" the word when you click the play button.
I can now say Dog - "Woosha"
And I can say Bicycle "Beeseeklayt"
And more importantly I can say, "ewedeshalo" to Samuel when he begins to cry and scream, and throw a temper tantrum when he meets us for the first time... Ok, so maybe, "I love you" won't be the right thing to say at that moment, but it will come in handy I'm sure!
Check it out for yourself:Amharic Kids
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene
Monday, April 7, 2008
Swipe with Pride
Posted by renee treat at 6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just checked out the site. Thanks!!!
Also, if we see Samuel we will definitely get some pictures for you. I think you say he is still living at home, but if we get a chance, Samuel, be ready!
Thanks for the credit, but I actually found that off of new blogging buddy Michele's website. Pretty cool, huh? She also had a link for Tadias Magazine that is also a really good resource. I just added that link.
It sounds like your Amharic is progressing better than ours. "Coffee" is about all we have conquered at this point.
Rebecca
BTW, it is nice to see you splurging a bit during your blogging diet!
I am thinking about you guys.
Hi there... great post! I won't need it for our Sam, but it'll be fun to teach all my children these things as they explore the language. Very cool.
Thanks for your sweet comments about our Sam. It's all in the name, you know :).
take care-
becca
Okay ... just checkin' in to let you know I'm PRAYING all goes smoothly and complete this time and that very SOON you'll be booking flights to go get that fine young little man!!!!! Much love~ Shelly
Post a Comment