We are in Addis. It is everything you imagined it to be and quite a humbling experience. The poverty is unbelievable. Today, we met Samuel and I cannot describe how precious and wonderful he is. We realized, as we looked at him from the back, that he has a rat tail...you know the things we wore in the 80's...a long string of hair braided. Oh what a touchy subject. I hope he lets us cut it soon. We are having a great time. Showers are short and a little cold. I am roughing it in a way I've not experienced before. Internet is horrible...more to come later.
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Renee I am so thrilled for you! Yes we must pick our battles. Once you get back to the states Samuel may feel very uncomfortable with the "hair". Be patient and shower him with love! (I am sure you are) Congratulations to your family!
The three amigos are having lunch and are soooo happy for all of you. We are going to call him HOP SING if he doesnt cut the pig tail.. Actually we don't care if he cuts his hair nor not...just get him home so we can meet him.
s d g
OH man, these "we've got 'em" posts make me cry. HOOORAYHOORAY HOORAY! How sweet it must be to hug that boy after all this time. SO happy for you! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!
How wonderful that you are together as a family now! Enjoy your time in Ethiopia! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Blessings,
Debbie
So excited to see pictures and hear more about your amazing story. Enjoy!
Add us to the many who are so happy for your family! Can't wait to hear more about your journey to Addis and to meet Samuel! Take care and God Bless!
Carol
Todd & Renee
We have been following your journey of getting to Samuel and are so hapy to see you are there, with him now. He is a beautiful little boy. And he is so lucky to have you two as his new parents, I know that you are going to do great together. What a gift for you all. Thinking of you lots.
Kerri
We have been following your posts from Graham and are so excited for y'alls news! Looking foward to hearing more - - you are an inspiration, especially to us since we are just beginning our adoption journey!
Kerri Bates
Post a Comment