
To say the least, it is an exciting time in our household. Our bags are officially zipped and ready for take off, and we've gathered all the necessary documents needed to travel to a foreign land. But, today as we were preparing last minute details, it became necessary for us to take our oldest dog, Duke, to the vet. And, wouldn't you know, it was bad news. It seems that Duke is in need of a urinary operation, and while it is mild in nature, it means that while we are away my sweet baby will undergo a surgery.
You must understand that Duke and Cameron are indeed my children. I will be the first to admit that I spoil my pets and treat them better than I treat my spouse! Pathetic...you bet, but at least I've come to terms with it.
Monday, as I prepare to meet Samuel, Duke will be transported to our veterinarian clinic. It seems as though I'll have two sweet boys in need of a lot of TLC all on the same day. I am so thankful we have hired the most wonderful woman to stay at our house and provide love and affection to Duke and Cameron while we are away.
In 12 hours, we will be leaving for the airport... My cup runneth over. Indeed this will be some of the greatest moments of my life. I look forward to sharing pictures and commentary along the way - assuming that we will be able to blog in Ethiopia.
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene
Friday, April 25, 2008
It's away we go...
Posted by renee treat at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Eeeee! It is almost time! I am so excited for you guys. We will be anxious for reports and pictures. We will be thinking about you guys (and Duke). Safe travels.
Rebecca
See you soon, friend!!!!! :) So sorry to hear about the needed surgery while you're away! I think that Samuel will really enjoy having dogs when you get home. It'll be great. ~Shelly
Awesome! Have a GREAT and AMAZING time. This is beyond exciting... it's intense. So glad you're finally at this point.
love
becca
Thinking of you! Have an incredible time! Send us LOTS of details! Blessings to you all!
I am soooo excited for you guys! Sorry to hear about Duke, but I'm sure he'll be fine. Have a wonderful time in Ethiopia!!!!!
Many blessings,
Debbie
Post a Comment