I believe the title of this post says it all. I'm having a little trouble in the patience department; I was so certain that we would receive the call this past week, but alas, it's not about me is it? Most families who adopt older children receive very speedy referrals so I had my hopes up that this would be the week - I suppose now I have to come face to face with Mr. Patience and realize that it will happen and when it does happen a timeline will be nothing but a distant memory. Nevertheless, I'm feeling a little "Scroogy" today.
A few weekends ago, we had the pleasure of meeting the Enrights and the Waltons for dinner. Both families are adopting the same age bracket and it was so much fun to get together and share adoption stories. We also learned that we went to the same school, around the same time, as the Enrights - and for those of you who are familiar with McMurry, you realize that this is some coincidence as it is not a large school! Just when you think you have anonymity you realize what a small world it is.
What a blessing it is to know that we will be able to share "lil' Treat" with friends nearby. What a blessing it is to know that I'll be able to seek advice and share stories with new adoption friends - as I'm sure I will learn quickly that I know nothing about raising children. Perhaps there is hope for me yet this holiday season.

4 comments:
I'm enjoying following along your journey through your blog!
I completely understand and we aren't even on the waitlist for referral yet!
Hang in there and enjoy your LAST Christmas as a family of two!
Next year will be so full of joy and wonder and you will have a hard time remember your Christmases as a couple!
Merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Kristy
Hang in there! Your "lil Treat" will be here in no time. We are so thankful for our new friendship and the joy of sharing this journey with you. Have a blessed Christmas!!
Debbie
I understand the bah humbug. We are waiting for a toddler as well and I thought for sure we would have a referral by Christmas. This week is week 9 and I am sure the weeks will continue to grow as Christmas and New Years are here. Darn. I guess God wants to give me patience for Christmas! Merry Christmas Pam
So are you waiting for a toddler referral? Wow! I thought just about everyone was waiting on babies! I met the Waltons at a Gladney function in October. Don't know if you've seen our blog, but we have a 3 year old. If everyone in the DFW are who has adopted or waiting on a toddler would like to get together, it would be great to get to know everyone. Believe me when I say that we all need the support! I can email Carol Perry (in Denton and she has a 5 year old) who is the Ethiopian liason for The Gladney Fund and maybe we can set something up.
Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment