When we began the adoption process, Todd's uncle - Mike - started calling our soon-to-be son Ethan O from Ethanopia. Along the way, the name has just sort of stuck and we all refer to him as Ethan O. I find myself asking quite often these days just where the heck Ethan O is and why he hasn't been referred to us yet.
There's not much to report these days. We endured 5 shots this past Thursday in preparation for our future travels. Today, Sunday, I am still sore. I also had the pleasure of making an absolute fool of myself. Before the shots, when asked if I had ever passed out or gotten sick after shots, I said, "No way..." in the most confident and self assured voice I had. Needless to say, I felt like an absolute fool at the counter paying for the shots when I had to excuse myself to lie down. I've never felt so flushed and dizzy in my entire life! 10 minutes later with the help of a cold compress, we made our way out the door. If I was a character in a musical I would now begin singing the song, "I Will Survive!"
The most exciting news I can share is that our good friends from Lubbock have decided to adopt an older child - 10 or 11 years old - from Ethiopia! We have been so blessed with their friendship and we are looking forward to extending our friendship to this new addition. He doesn't know it yet, but he has hit the lottery; there is absolutely no family that could offer him what Brad and Rebecca can. We can't wait to meet him. I just keep thinking about how powerful and moving it will be when he learns of his future family. I imagine that older children begin to feel as though adoption is out of reach and that their chance at a family has passed. What an incredible moment it will be when he is told that he will soon receive what most of us take for granted every day.
Today we celebrated our 7th anniversary and I just couldn't help thinking that this week would be the perfect time for Mary to call us. So, come on Mary...pick up the phone... We're dying to meet Ethan-O!
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Where are you Ethan-O?
Posted by renee treat at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary and a Happy New Year (referral)
Hope you had a happy anniversary!
Praying with you that this is the week!!!
Blessings,
Debbie
Post a Comment