CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"You will, in adopting this child, make the child your own. Your life will swerve to meet the child's - growing in tandem together." M.F. Greene

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Is that you Ethan-O?


Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls -

It gives me great pleasure to introduce to you Samuel (pronounced Sam-Well). Our case-worker called last night around 6 p.m. to share the good news with us. Samuel just turned 5 in November, loves to build things, enjoys school, is gentle and playful, and did I mention quite possibly the most handsome boy I've ever seen? Obviously we are on cloud 9.


We officially accepted the referral this afternoon. The next step will be for our case to be placed on the court docket in Addis Ababa. Once the court approves our petition, we will make travel arrangements and bring Samuel home to us.


The entire referral process is so surreal! A call comes, you sift through numerous papers and documents, visit with your physician (thanks Peter!) and then share the news with your family.... the entire thing has become such a blur to us.


Although we haven't decided on a name yet, we are certain about this, "Life doesn't get much better than this!"


Samuel - we can't wait for you to meet Grand-Den and Grand-Dave...They already have toys waiting and a room that you will absolutely love to play in! We can't wait for you to meet Nana and Papa who are looking forward to cooking and building with you. Grace, Maggie and Will will finally have a cousin, and Tricia and Peter will be the best aunt and uncle you could ever imagine! I know you will enjoy spending lots of time with the Reed family. Just don't let Will teach you to head-butt....


You will also have 3 older cousins, Elizabeth, Kristen and Kathy, whom I know will shower you with adoration. And of course, Mama Lee and Papa D. will be anxious to meet you, along with the entire Jeter/Trevino clan!


You don't know it yet, but you're going to have a lot of names to remember! We are excited to introduce you to our family and can't wait for you to learn more about us. Hopefully you will think we are as wonderful as we know you are going to be!

9 comments:

DHunt said...

What a beautiful blessing! Soon you will hold Samuel in your arms as you have held him in your hearts.

Jim and Debbie said...

We are so excited for you! Now let's just get fast court dates so we can get over there and bring them home!!
Blessings,
Debbie

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh congratulations! He is GORGEOUS! Being the Mom of a Samuel,I am a little partial, but what a great name Samuel is!
(Just in case you are taking votes!) HA!
Blessings to your new family!
Kristy

Drew Carey Show said...

Oh wow! I just popped on your blog from the Gladney blogroll wondering how far along you were in your wait, and... whammo! You already have a referral! Of a gorgeous child, I might add. Congratulations! He is lovely, and I too love the name Samuel. Happy new family! hooray!

Amy B. said...

I can't believe I missed it!! Congratulations. He is so hansome...what a sweet little face. I am so excited for you guys. I hope you get a super quick court date...and it so smoothly from here on out! YEA!!! Amy

mama becca said...

Congratulations!!! what a beautiful, handsome boy!
becca albertson

Natalie Fournet said...

Congratulations!!! Samuel is so cute! You must be so excited! I'll be praying for a quick court date and smooth times getting him home! Natalie

Crazy Thorne's said...

He is absolutely adorable! You are all so blessed. I pray that your court and travel dates will be quick. Blessings Pam

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations, he is adorable!!